Thursday, July 26, 2012

Don't say that you love me, just tell me that you want me

Well, here's Stage 4 of the Mumak re-paint - the tusks and toenails.
Sure, minor job, but it took a bit of doing still, this monster is really BIG!


Firstly I hit up the internet...





So some have very white tusks, some more browny, in both cases quite blotchy. So that was the look I was going for. Pretty much what I normally do for bone, but on a much, MUCH larger scale!


Firstly a few layers of bleached bone to cover the old blotchy brown.



And same for the toes.



Next some heavy drybrushing of white.



Then a sepia wash, with a concentration near the top where the tusk joins the head.



Then it's more white, heavy again as I kind of like white tusks. 



Toenails are the same, but smaller scale!



Finally there's a brown wash just in streaks near the very end of the tusk to help with the delineation and because I like the effect =)




So far so good (I think!) and now on to the tedious browns and blues that will be on all the straps. Tedious because you have to use a small brush to avoid too much splash damage!

5 comments:

  1. Looking good. :)
    Did you already paint the eyes? They look outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks =) I'll try to take a closer shot after the warpaint goes on. I used a little dark flesh around it and then washed black so that there's a sort of eyelid effect on it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice effect on the tusks!

    ReplyDelete